Academic Year 2017 - 2018
- January 1, 2017 - Scholarship applications available
- March 17, 2017 - Deadline for receipt of completed applications and supporting documentation
- Summer 2017 - Date of Award Notification
You do not need to be a resident of the District of Columbia, however, you must be enrolled and have completed at least 12 semester hours in one of the schools listed to be considered for this scholarship award. Also, you must have at least 25 semester hours at the start of academic year 2017-2018. News Release - Scholarships 2017 available
Academic Year 2016 - 2017
Awards for this academic year were announced on July 15, 2016. The Club and Foundation awarded $20,000 to five candidates. News Release - Scholarships 2016
For more information, contact us at: ScholarshipUndergrad@zontawashingtondc.org
"Educate a boy, and you educate an individual. Educate a girl, and you educate a community."- Adelaide Hoodless
The Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. Undergraduate Scholarship program was established to support women of any age pursuing a bachelor's degree in areas such as but not limited to business, engineering, healthcare, education, technology, mathematics, or the sciences (social or basis). Scholarship awards are given annually.
- Must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrates financial need
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at one of the following institutions:
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Georgetown University
- The George Washington University
- Howard University
- Trinity Washington University
- University of the District of Columbia
- Previous awardees are encouraged to apply.
Applications are available in January of each year and are due in March of each year. Recipients are notified mid-Summer of each year.
Award Amount Varies - generally the awards are from $2,000 to $5,000
Guidelines - Academic Year 2017-2018
Online Application - Click here
Please Read - We have automated our application process through the assistance of Acceptd, Inc. (Acceptd), a performing and visual arts network. We are only using Acceptd's online application platform to digitally screen applicants. Each applicant will need to sign up on Acceptd in order to complete an application.