Academic Year 2022 - 2023
- January 17, 2022 - Scholarship applications available
- March 12, 2022 - Deadline for receipt of completed applications and supporting documentation
- Fall 2022 - Date of Award Notification
You do not need to be a resident of the District of Columbia; however, you must be enrolled and have completed at least 12 semester hours in one of the schools listed to be considered for this scholarship award. Also, you must have at least 25 semester hours at the start of academic year 2022-2023. AP credits earned during high school education do not qualify toward the 12 and 25 credits requirement.
Academic Year 2021 - 2022
Awards for this academic year were announced on August 9, 2021. The Club and Foundation awarded $25,000 to 8 candidates. News Release - Scholarships 2021 awards
For more information, contact us at: ScholarshipUndergrad@zontawashingtondc.org
"Educate a boy, and you educate an individual. Educate a girl, and you educate a community."- Adelaide Hoodless
The Zonta Club of Washington, D.C. Undergraduate Scholarship program was established to support women of any age pursuing a bachelor's degree in areas such as but not limited to business, engineering, healthcare, education, technology, mathematics, or the sciences (social or basic). Scholarship awards are given annually.
- Must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrates financial need
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at one of the following institutions:
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Gallaudet University
- Georgetown University
- The George Washington University
- Howard University
- Trinity Washington University
- University of the District of Columbia
- Previous awardees are encouraged to apply.
- Application is available January through March.
- Awardees are notified in mid-summer/fall.
Award Amount Varies - generally the awards are from $2,000 to $5,000
Guidelines Academic Year 2022-2023
Online Application - Click Here