Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women
November 25, 2019December 10, 2019
Zontians around the World will be using their voices and programs to advocate for the elimination of violence against women and girls. This campaign is focused on 16 days of Activism. Our emphasis is ending child marriage.
Your advocacy does not need to be complicated or time-consuming. Many small acts collectively can make a big difference. Here are some examples of advocacy you could do each day:
- Tweet or post on Facebook or LinkedIn a news story which educates about violence against women and girls.
- Volunteer an hour at a women's shelter or safe house.
- Donate necessities to a women's shelter or safe house.
- Attend a meeting of your area's commission on women.
- Call your local police precinct to find out if they accept any clothing or other donations for discharged women.
- Tweet or post on Facebook or LinkedIn a summary of your volunteer experiences related to advocacy about violence against women and girls.
- Tweet (or retweet) or post on Facebook or LinkedIn ZI or other clubs' activities during the 16 days of Activism.
- Attend a meeting focusing on advocacy about violence against women and girls.
- Share educational information with your church or social, civic, or service organizations.
- Visit the Advocacy Project blog to support the advocates in developing nations.
- Donate individually to a non-profit program working toward elimination of violence or services to women who have been victims of violence.